How to use your gel pads and make them last
Here are some tips for getting the best value for your gel pads:
Show More +
- Make sure your skin is clean and free of lotions, oil or excessive hair.
- Remove only the blue liners to expose the sticky surface that goes onto the electrodes. Be sure to press firmly onto the green liners so the gel pads stick tightly to the electrodes.
- Save the green liners and press them firmly on the gel pads to store your unit between uses.
- Rejuvenate the sticky surface by simply dampening a finger and applying the water with your fingertip.
Remember that using or wearing your Direct Therapy TENS device while perspiring – in hot weather or while exercising for example – can make the gel pads less sticky.
- Carefully remove the device after treatment to help the gel pads remain sticky. Simply grasp both the edges of your unit and the gel pads so the gel pad doesn’t stay on your skin. Then slowly peel the device off.
- Use the green protective liners to completely re-cover the gel pads. This helps keep them moist and protects them from dust.
- Store your Direct Therapy unit with the gel pads in the box and keep away from heat.
1. Separate Two Gel Pads.
2. Remove the blue liner from the side being applied to the electrode area. Do not remove the green protective liner.
3. Align the shape of the first gel pad with the electrode area. Apply the gel pad onto the electrode area and firmly press across the entire surface to ensure good adhesion.